Who We Are:
World Challenge, Inc. was founded by Reverend David Wilkerson in 1971 and served as a corporate umbrella for his worldwide crusades, ministers' conferences, book and tract publication, video production, street evangelism, literature distribution, church planting, drug and alcohol rehabilitation centers and many charitable outreaches. Today, World Challenge Inc. shares the message of the gospel through mission outreaches and literature distribution. Sermons from David Wilkerson and his son Gary are shared monthly through the Pulpit Series newsletter to hundreds of thousands of people. The numerous mission outreaches of World Challenge to the poor include orphanages, overseas widows’ fund, emergency/disaster relief, healthcare/clinics, community development and feeding centers.
About the Position:
The Chief Ministry Officer acts in a pastoral role for the 240,000 constituents served by the ministry and for the staff of World Challenge. As a member of the senior leadership team, this role provides valuable insight to ongoing ministry strategies and operational oversight for the administration of mission activities, original music production, international pastor's conferences and evangelistic events. The role reports to and supports the President for spiritual direction of the ministry, and is operationally accountable to the Executive Director for organizational development and strategy.
What You'll Do:
- In collaboration with the President, provide spiritual guidance for the position of the ministry on current events / topics and supports Biblical communications offered by the ministry.
- Participate in and occasionally lead regular times of prayer, bible study, and deliver messages to staff members and constituents.
- Provide spiritual insight to the leadership team regarding proposed ministry initiatives.
- Participate in the planning of ministry growth and ensure a consistent vision for the ministry.
- Develop potential ministry initiatives to enhance the effective engagement and discipleship of constituents.
- Explore new methods to reach the unsaved through outreaches and evangelistic events, coupled with effective discipleship for those who accept Christ during those events.
- Oversee the scheduling and execution of international pastor conferences and evangelistic events.
- Provide guidance for initiatives in catalyst funding of new ministries and an outreach to younger generations in faith advancement.
- Lead management of grant processes associated with numerous ministries supported by World Challenge.
- Oversee the management of development missions focused on poverty alleviation.
- Provide oversight for the production of original music for the use of the ministry.
- Collaborate on proper messaging to inspire various segments identified in the constituent database and to acquire new constituents to support ministry initiatives.
- In consultation with the President and Executive Director, define role requirements, recruit, interview, and select well qualified staff to achieve department goals.
- Collaborate with the HR Director in developing training plans to enhance staff capabilities and increase the breadth of scope.
- Regularly evaluate and collaborate with each staff member on personal performance and development.
What You'll Need to be Successful in this Role:
- Bachelor's degree in theology, business management, or related field.
- Minimum 10 years of ministerial experience; 5 years as a lead pastor preferred.
- International ministry or business management experience preferred.
- Godly character that can set an example for staff members.
- Alignment and agreement with World Challenge's Statement of Faith.
- Experience in grant documentation processes preferred.
- Experience in leading neighborhood or community evangelical outreaches preferred.
- Knowledge of Community Health Evangelism or similar transformational ministry approaches preferred.
- Excellent coalition building skills with the ability to communicate and work effectively with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Outstanding presentation and communication skills.