Who We Are:
World Challenge, Inc. was founded by Reverend David Wilkerson in 1971 and served as a corporate umbrella for his worldwide crusades, ministers' conferences, book and tract publication, video production, street evangelism, literature distribution, church planting, drug and alcohol rehabilitation centers and many charitable outreaches. Today, World Challenge Inc. shares the message of the gospel through mission outreaches and literature distribution. Sermons from David Wilkerson and his son Gary are shared monthly through the Pulpit Series newsletter to hundreds of thousands of people. The numerous mission outreaches of World Challenge to the poor include orphanages, overseas widows’ fund, emergency/disaster relief, healthcare/clinics, community development and feeding centers.
About the Position:
The Correspondence Associate works to provide exceptional customer service to World Challenge constituents. Through the use of various communication channels, the Correspondence Associate will respond to written communication, requests for prayer, and ensure that World Challenge is working to meet the needs of our constituents in their daily walk through the services that World Challenge provides.
What You'll Do:
- Provide personal connection for all incoming emails, postal mail, phone requests, and assigned online communications.
- Provide timely responses for all constituent concerns.
- Assist with the donor acknowledgement process.
- Review website and ministry communications routinely to update ministry information.
- Through the World Challenge constituent database, track all inquiries / communications and process constituent record changes.
- Respond to requests for prayer, both verbally and in writing.
- Assist in the area of special communication projects to include determining groups of constituents to receive communication, manage responses from constituents, and track and create reports.
- Ability to manage and lead department workflow as needed.
What You'll Need to be Successful:
- Associate's degree in communications or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in customer service or related field.
- 1 year of demonstrated leadership experience.
- Alignment and agreement with World Challenge's Statement of Faith.
- Ability to provide prayer and apply biblical understanding in alignment with God's word.
- A personal walk with Jesus Christ.
- Excellent communication, customer service, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with the use of proper spelling and grammar.
- Ability to take initiative and see projects through to completion.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Proficient in the use of computers to include Microsoft Office, database management, and internet.