Who We Are:
World Challenge, Inc. was founded by Reverend David Wilkerson in 1971 and served as a corporate umbrella for his worldwide crusades, ministers' conferences, book and tract publication, video production, street evangelism, literature distribution, church planting, drug and alcohol rehabilitation centers and many charitable outreaches. Today, World Challenge Inc. shares the message of the gospel through mission outreaches and literature distribution. Sermons from David Wilkerson and his son Gary are shared monthly through the Pulpit Series newsletter to hundreds of thousands of people. The numerous mission outreaches of World Challenge to the poor include orphanages, overseas widows’ fund, emergency/disaster relief, healthcare/clinics, community development and feeding centers.
The Director of Events & Faith Advancement organizes all aspects of the global pastor conferences / evangelistic events and provides leadership for a team reaching the next generation for Christ. This position works closely with the President to plan, coordinate, execute and evaluate effectiveness of events sponsored by World Challenge. The role also provides leadership to a team of associates that encourage fledgling ministries at youth-oriented conferences and promote apologetics training for youth.
- Collaborate with the President to determine the number and nature of events for each calendar year along with budget estimates (10-20 events/year).
- Plan and coordinate all aspects of events with local host teams and vendors to include commitment, timing, location, travel requirements, lodging, budgeting, speakers, etc.
- Facilitate event execution, including capture of attendee information, testimonies, pictorial and video images of the event.
- At the conclusion of the event, prepare a report providing highlights, benefits achieved and any key stories that can be used for marketing future events.
- Develop an email/contact list of pastors for ongoing follow-up after the event - continuing to minister to them between events.
- Oversight of Catalyst Funding operations to ensure objectives are met within budget, encourage definition of objectives for conferences, provide guidance on the approach to effectively engage attendees at each conference, and participate in vetting ministry grant requests generated from conferences. Ensure proper follow up with grantees to validate results and for potential long-term collaboration.
- Oversight of Faith Answers to include providing guidance in research, development of curriculum and delivery of apologetics targeted primarily to youth and young adults.
- Collaborate with communications and marketing on development and delivery of content to impact future generations for Christ.
- Initiate opportunities for exposure of this offering of World Challenge to appropriate audiences across multiple channels.
- Manage staff development in consultation with the Chief Ministry Officer, define role requirements, recruit, interview and select well qualified staff.
- Develop training plans to enhance staff skills, increase their breath of scope and continuously grow the capability of the department.
- Regularly evaluate/collaborate with each staff member on personal performance and development; ensure they are engaged in organizational success and aware of how they contribute.
What You'll Need to be Successful in this Role:
- Bachelor's degree in hospitality or tourism management, marketing, public relations, communications, business or related field.
- Certified Meeting Professional (CMP) preferred.
- 5+ years of pastoral or ministry experience.
- Experience planning large scale, multi-day events required.
- Alignment and agreement with World Challenge's Statement of Faith.
- Ability to travel up to 40% of the year in support of event planning.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Strong negotiation, organization and problem solving skills.