Who We Are:
World Challenge, Inc. was founded by Reverend David Wilkerson in 1971 and served as a corporate umbrella for his worldwide crusades, ministers' conferences, book and tract publication, video production, street evangelism, literature distribution, church planting, drug and alcohol rehabilitation centers and many charitable outreaches. Today, World Challenge Inc. shares the message of the gospel through mission outreaches and literature distribution. Sermons from David Wilkerson and his son Gary are shared monthly through the Pulpit Series newsletter to hundreds of thousands of people. The numerous mission outreaches of World Challenge to the poor include orphanages, overseas widows’ fund, emergency/disaster relief, healthcare/clinics, community development and feeding centers.
About the Position:
The Director of Information Technology is accountable for defining and delivering information technology strategies and capabilities across the enterprise. It is critical that this role builds strong and productive relationships with all departmental leaders, acting as a true partner in making IT a business enabler. The Director of Information Technology will manage both internal IT direct reports and external contractors, and is responsible for data analytics, development and support of systems for business processes, IT infrastructure, data security and technical services.
What You'll Do:
- Contribute to the formulation of the organization's business and digital strategies.
- Proactively advise senior management on emerging technologies and digital trends relevant to organization needs.
- Assist in determining IT capital investment with regard to business priorities, potential risks and capacity planning.
- Develop an IT vision, strategy, and roadmap for effective execution by both the IT team and business partners.
- Ensure current and planned technical architecture and software solutions are aligned with organization objectives.
- Prepare and monitor IT operational budgets.
- Develop and execute an analytics program that allows business leaders to make data-based decisions.
- Build strong relationships with departmental leaders across the enterprise to understand their issues, challenges and opportunities.
- Implement appropriate and effective IT organization to support and engage with the business leaders.
- Direct the design, planning, implementation and maintenance of computing infrastructure to support organizational operations.
- Establish metrics for IT effectiveness and impact on the organization.
- Establish and monitor IT service levels, both internally and with IT contractors.
- Maintain oversight of IT projects, ensuring commitments are planned, staffed, monitored and reported.
- Establish a comprehensive information security program to ensure integrity, confidentiality and availability of data.
- Design and lead the implementation of an enterprise-wide disaster recovery and business continuity plan.
- Establish and enforce IT policies, processes, portfolio management, development standards and methodologies.
- Monitor industry developments in IT operations and implement new tools and services as appropriate.
- Review, recommend and oversee vendors and managed service agreements for computing, telecommunications, IT services and equipment.
- Hire, develop, evaluate, reward and retain a highly-qualified team of IT professionals.
- Foster a culture of innovation, transparency and accountability in IT.
- Ensure the organization has strong systems analysis and project management skills, and the ability to execute business-critical projects.
- Develop and maintain a plan that provides for succession and continuity in critical IT positions.
What You'll Need to be Successful in this Role:
- Bachelor's degree in information technology, business management, project management, or related field, or equivalent.
- 10+ years experience managing IT solutions.
- PMP certification preferred
- Technical training and business acumen in managing enterprise software applications (experience in Blackbaud Razors Edge and Financial Edge a plus)
- Requires integrity, desire to maintain biblical standards and agreement with World Challenge's Statement of Faith.
- Ability to work collaboratively with diverse business leaders, communicate IT vision and strategy across all levels of the organization, and build consensus around key initiatives and projects.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills; both oral and written; communicate effectively with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Demonstrated experience in driving business growth through innovative use of technology.
- Demonstrated experience with SaaS, cloud-based and outsourced solutions through third party providers.
- Ability to design and implement comprehensive approach to cyber security and risk management.
- Ability to design and manage IT governance across an organization.
- Strong background in IT operational management and budget development.