Who We Are:
World Challenge, Inc. was founded by Reverend David Wilkerson in 1971 and served as a corporate umbrella for his worldwide crusades, ministers' conferences, book and tract publication, video production, street evangelism, literature distribution, church planting, drug and alcohol rehabilitation centers and many charitable outreaches. Today, World Challenge Inc. shares the message of the gospel through mission outreaches and literature distribution. Sermons from David Wilkerson and his son Gary are shared monthly through the Pulpit Series newsletter to hundreds of thousands of people. The numerous mission outreaches of World Challenge to the poor include orphanages, overseas widows’ fund, emergency/disaster relief, healthcare/clinics, community development and feeding centers.
About the Position:
The Video Creative creates and edits video content for use in a variety of communication channels. This includes post production on raw videos, capture and post production of in-house video segments, and capture and post production at World Challenge events. The Video Creative brings a proactive, strategically minded approach to creating crisp, understandable messages that resonate with multiple audiences and aligns with the perspective of World Challenge, Inc.
What You'll Do:
- Edit video for social media and web use, which includes the use of post-production footage, production, manipulation, trimming footage, sequencing, and sound editing.
- Co-write and edit scripts for videos, podcasts, and other media as needed.
- Work with vendors and field staff to capture the impact of mission's work in a compelling manner.
- Provide creative vision to own the editing process from conception to completion (audio mixing, color correction, transitions, etc.).
- Work with various team members to create promotional material for conferences, missions, and other events.
- Work with other departments as necessary to assist in the development of needed materials that align with the brand of World Challenge.
- Manage and manipulate the recording process, to include lighting, sound, and post-production to produce high quality video works.
- Able to manage lighting needs for video shoots in a variety of settings.
- Collaborate with the communications team to strategically create content for various production channels.
- Collaborate with team members to storyboard videos for external video production vendors and internal projects that capture the story behind World Challenge's ongoing work.
- Provide creative insight to other team members that allows for the expansion of World Challenge's video library.
What You'll Need to be Successful in this Role:
- A bachelor's degree, or equivalent, in video arts, communications or related field.
- 5+ years experience in editing and content strategy.
- Agreement and alignment with World Challenge's Statement of Faith.
- Knowledge of Adobe Premier and Audition.
- Able to conceptualize core messages.
- Knowledge of motion graphics and after effects.
- Knowledge of distribution systems for content.
- Knowledge of a variety of video cameras and multiple camera shoots.
- Knowledge of associated audio equipment for live shots.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Portfolio of personal or published work.